Benefits of Tile and Stone
Both chic and classic, floors of tile or stone make a statement. They’re elegant. On-trend. Some even have recycled content. And tile is not just for the kitchen or bath – our styles captivate in any room of the house. You can even put tile in the bedroom, evoking the dreamy feeling of a Roman villa. In any space, you’ll love the timeless look of tile.
Care & Maintenance of Tile & Stone
Tile – whether it’s ceramic, porcelain, or stone – is one of the longest-lasting flooring materials in existence. But it still needs a bit of care. Basic, consistent maintenance of your tile or stone floor will ensure that it remains beautiful and trouble-free for many years.
Please be sure to reference your tile floor warranty for specific care requirements! For your general information, however, here are some basic tips and facts:
- As needed, sweep your floor to remove dirt and grit.
- Wipe spills promptly.
- Damp mop once a week (or more often for heavy traffic areas) using a special cleaner we can recommend – just ask your sales associate for guidance.
- Make sure the cleanser you use is a neutral pH compatible with grout cleaning. Never use detergent or soap, which can dull the surface or promote mildew growth. Cleaners should never contain acids, vinegar, chlorines, or ammonia, as these chemicals can damage and discolor both the grout and the stone or tile.
- Use protective mats in entryways and pads under furniture legs.
- Make sure you wait the proper time for grout to cure before you apply a sealer.
Installation of Tile & Stone
We help you every step of the way after you’ve selected your new floor: professional on-site measurement, removal of old flooring and skilled installation. We do it all expertly, so your floor will look amazing and give lasting satisfaction.